Pernod Ricard subsidiaries around the world are contributing to local efforts to fight the pandemic and help their communities. This is particularly the case in France, Sweden, Ireland, Spain and the United States, where initiatives are being rolled out to directly produce hand sanitizer within the Group’s plants or to supply stocks of pure alcohol.
- The company Ricard SAS is donating 70,000 liters of pure alcohol to Laboratoire Cooper, one of France's leaders in everyday health products, and the leading supplier of hydroalcoholic gels to pharmacies. This will allow Cooper to increase alcohol deliveries to pharmacies to produce hydroalcoholic gel, the equivalent of approximately 1.8 million individual 50 ml vials. Laboratoire Cooper is committed to donating the equivalent of the donation to various health care associations.
- In Sweden, the distillery of Absolut Vodka is offering spirits at large scale to produce hand sanitizer for public health care.
- In the United States, responding to the U.S. Administration’s call to action, Pernod Ricard’s Ft. Smith, Arkansas, manufacturing plant and distilleries for Rabbit Hole (Kentucky), Smooth Ambler (West Virginia) and TX Whiskey (Texas) are producing hand sanitizer.
- In Spain and Ireland, Pernod Ricard Spain and Irish Distillers have announced they will put their technical, human and production facilities at the service of the authorities to produce hand sanitizer.
- Other initiatives are being rolled out in other affiliates, including in the United Kingdom, and will be announced shortly.